Implant-Retained Crowns – Hoover, AL
Lifelike Replacements for Missing Teeth
Are you missing one or more teeth? If so, you may have grown used to your appearance, but lost teeth can actually have an effect on your smile. Oral healthcare at home is harder, putting you at risk of cavities and infection. However, your jawbone can also get weaker when your teeth aren’t replaced because it’s no longer getting the same amount of stimulation from the roots of your smile. Thankfully, implant-retained crowns in Hoover can restore the strength and beauty back to your teeth while avoiding these issues. Read on to learn more.
Why Choose Moulton Dentistry for Implant-Retained Crowns?
- State-of-the-Art Technology
- Partnered with Local Specialists
- Lifelike & High-Quality Restorative Materials
What Is an Implant-Retained Crown?
Implant-retained crowns combine dental crowns with dental implants to create a strong and lifelike tooth replacement. A dental implant is a titanium post that is planted in the jawbone to serve as an artificial tooth root. Then, we can place a custom-made dental crown on top to seamlessly restore your missing tooth.
The Benefits of Implant-Retained Crowns
Dr. Moulton offers implant-retained crowns because of these unique benefits:
- Dental health: Supported by dental implants, this restoration doesn’t require the alteration of any of your natural dental structure.
- Jawbone health: Rooted in the jawbone, dental implants stimulate it to prevent deterioration after tooth loss.
- Appearance: We can customize your crown to match the exact size, shape, and shade of your natural teeth.
- Confidence: implant-retained crowns look and feel just like your natural teeth for ultimate confidence when eating, speaking, and smiling.
The Implant-Retained Crown Process
The first part of the process requires a simple surgery. Dr. Moulton works with the top surgeons in the area to ensure this procedure goes smoothly. First, they will make small incisions in your gums to access your bone. Then, they will create tiny holes in the jaw for the placement of your dental implants. Once placed, we will wait at least 3 to 4 months so the implants can fuse to the jawbone.
After your implants are healed, you’ll come back into our office for your restorations. These are custom-made to your exact specifications. After ensuring that you’re happy with your results, Dr. Moulton will permanently mount your dental crowns on top of the implants.
Are You a Candidate for Implant-Retained Crowns?
If you’re wondering about whether or not this treatment is right for you, the best way to know is to visit our office. Dr. Moulton will carefully examine your smile, the number of teeth you’re missing, and the overall condition of your oral health. It’s important to know that any preexisting oral health issues must be treated before we can begin with your implant-retained crown treatment. To schedule an appointment, please don’t hesitate to contact our office today.