Tooth-Colored Fillings – Hoover, AL
Save Natural Teeth Without Sacrificing Esthetics
Every once in a while, cavities can develop, leaving your tooth enamel at risk for future damage and your inner tooth exposed to harmful bacteria. Instead of relying on silver material to restore teeth, Dr. Moulton makes use of composite resin, a material that can be blended and shaded to match tooth enamel exactly. That means you don’t have to settle for a metal-filled mouth just to keep your smile repaired and protected. Feel free to call us today if you want to know more about tooth-colored filings in Hoover, AL!
Why Choose Moulton Dentistry of Hoover For Tooth-Colored Fillings?
- Patience & Comfort Guaranteed, Especially for Younger Patients
- Early Cavity Detection System Used to Catch Damage Sooner
- Durable Composite Resin Materials for Better Esthetics
What Are Tooth-Colored Fillings?
If you have decayed teeth, then you won’t have to worry about getting metal fillings anymore. Instead, we’ll use a composite resin material for a safer, effective, and more seamless solution for restoring your pearly whites. The substance resembles putty and consists of ultra-fine acrylic and glass particles. It comes in virtually every color, so it can easily blend in with the rest of your smile. The composite resin is also biocompatible, meaning it’ll bond with the enamel for a more natural appearance!
The Process of Getting a Tooth-Colored Filling
Tooth-colored fillings are typically completed in a single appointment. Dr. Moulton will first numb your mouth and remove all the decayed portions. He will then choose a shade of composite resin that will match the rest of your smile, gradually sculpting it onto your teeth until the hollowed-out part where the cavity was is filled and looks natural. Next, he’ll shine an ultraviolet light onto your fillings, hardening the material in mere seconds. After some final adjustments, he’ll polish your pearly whites so you can enjoy your restored smile.
The Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings
The main advantage of tooth-colored fillings is to repair decayed teeth so effectively that no one should notice them. However, this treatment has additional benefits other than cosmetic ones:
- Reduced temperature sensitivity: Metal fillings won’t be as effective at blocking the nerves within a tooth. Over time, they can heighten the risk of severe sensitivity to extreme temperatures from foods and drinks. Composite resin, on the other hand, forms a strong barrier between the outer parts of a tooth and shields the nerves.
- Lowers risk of future decay: Tooth-colored fillings bond well with the enamel, making it difficult for bacteria to enter the inner chambers of your tooth. This will significantly reduce any chances of further tooth decay and infection in the long run.
- Keeps more of your permanent teeth: Since composite resin bonds to enamel whereas metal does not, far less enamel needs to be removed to place tooth-colored fillings
If you have decayed teeth and need them fully restored, then tooth-colored fillings can be the perfect option for you. Call us today and we’ll be glad to provide the treatment you deserve!